Project number 539519-LLP-1-2013-1-BE-ERASMUS-ESIN
What does COMMIT intend to do?
COMMIT intends to increase commitment to the social dimension of higher education (HE) and support strategies for increasing attainment. The project built on the work of a previous project – ALLUME* – which developed 3 self evaluation tools for universities to review their strategy for implementation of a comprehensive and coherent LLL university. COMMIT has:
- reviewed those 3 tools, refining and adapting them and adding new features which take on board a wider and clearer idea of the social dimension of HE
- designed and developed a new tool for monitoring attainment in HE and integrate these tools in HEIs management systems
- carried out an experts training event to prepare partners to visit and counsel other universities
- used these 4 tools in 12 universities of 12 different countries to conduct a self evaluation, supported with documents, which formed the starting point for a collective learning process including a visit from one of the other partners
- undertook a transversal analysis of the visit reports and the completed tools
The final phase of valorisation and exploitation included: 12 national active learning workshops each hosted by one of the partners and two European events again with an active learning approach.
Starting date: 01 October 2013
Finishing date: 31 May 2016 - extended to 31 July 2016
Contractor and Coordinator: EUCEN
Call of proposals: EAC/S07/12
Programme: LLP ERASMUS
Action: Multilateral projects
* ALLUME's Project Number 504635-LLP-1-2009-1-BE-ERASMUS-EMHE.
Download the project poster in A4 format by clicking on the image.